Help me identify,please

chickenwoods

Songster
12 Years
Apr 29, 2007
**||OKLAHOMA||**
I am not good on technology i dont have a camera or any way of getting photograph on internet.

Could you guys help me tell what breed these chickens i have are,I will Try to desribe them the best i can with words

I have :

ALL supposed to be Pullets:

2 Chickens that were light/brown with a black stripe on their head when they were less then a week old,now at 9 weeks old the have changed to all Red and some black in the tail feathers.No feathers on feet,yellow feet.

2 Chickens that are ALL black,black feet,no feather on feet.
and have a green irridesant color to tips of feathers.One of them has Gold neck feathers. 8-9weeks old

2 chickens that were a darker yellow,and and now are lighter yellow all over.NO other colors.Very long tail feathers.
9 weeks old

2 chickens that were yellow/brown,and are starting to grow Red/brown feathers on each side of breast.2 weeks old

4 chickens that were all brown,with black stripe on head,now they are cover in black/brown speckled feathers,more black than brown.yellow feet

1 full grown rooster that has a deep rose comb,and is silver and black v striped.yellow feet. pretty bird.

Im very sorry,its vague without a picture,I know that they are all a type of Heavy Breed.

If you cant help,its ok.Ive been trying to find pictures of breeds on the internet but,i can only find day old pictures and full grown pictures,and some breeds at one day old look simular to others.

Anything is help.thanks

Without seeing them, its really just a guess....but I will try.

first 2...sound like Rhode Island Reds?

Second ...Black Jersey Giants....black sexlinks??

Third..Buff Orpingtons...golden comets?

fourth....Hmmm...not sure...red sex links??

5th..I have no idea!

Roo sounds like a Dominique maybe?

Where did you get them? Feed store? You might go back and ask them what was in that order at the time. Good luck.

Here are some pictures that may help.

Here you can see the difference between Buff and Red in colors. The Buff Orpington is on the left, the Rhode Is. Red is on the right. Your #1 description does sound like Rhode Island Reds. And your 3rd description sounds like they may be Buff Orp's. Note: the one in the picture is a brighter yellow than is usual, they can also be a softer buff.

Mix-upday006.jpg

And here is a photo of the difference between barred and silver-laced color. The Barred Rock is in the foreground, the Silver-Laced Wyandotte is in the background.

Mix-upday018.jpg

Also notice the Black Giant hen on the far left. Gold neck feathers on a black hen likely indicate a Black Sex-Link hen. But it could also be a Gold-Laced Wyandotte, so here is a picture of one of those from feathersite.com

GLWyandPullet.jpg

Remember that most chickens will have some variation in appearance, so they may have some off color feathers or a different body shape. Do any of these look familiar?

Thank You !! For all the help,justusnak,and Ella

Those pictures HELPED a bunch..
Those RIR's Look exactly like my 2 mystery birds,
Same shade of red.The other two birds have a simular lighter color like the buffs,this hatch of birds of mine are still quite young.Not sure yet.

That black bird at the bottom Definatly resembles my two black birds,only less gold on the wings, but the gold is exactly the same hue as mine.

And For the Roo, I am 100% sure that my Roo is identicle to your Barred Rock.

Again thankyou,Im sorry that i dont have any pictures..

Back
Top Bottom