Help me judge my Seramas.

RAREROO

Crowing
13 Years
Jul 22, 2009
Alapaha, Ga
Here are some pics of my two pairs of Seramas. What do you all think about them as far as type, color,are any show quality, ect....
They are still young, almost 5 months old, the hens have not started laying yet, but the roos have started trying to breed. And I just wanted to see what thoughts you all have as far as their quality. What qualities are considered when classifying them as either A, B, or C class ? Is it just by weight ?

When they start laying and after I do a few test hatches, I will be selling their hatching eggs, so if anyone is interested, I can add you to my list now. I also have eggs available now for my LF breeds, see my signiture for the breeds.

Here are my Seramas

Pair 1 ( has the best roo)

37373_100_4665.jpg

Pair 2

37373_100_4666.jpg

What do you think?

Rooster #1 Definitely the best. Is he posing? He could be even show quality if that is not the best he can do...Especially for five months. The hen doesn't even look like a serama however. Sorry.
Rooster two is too long in back and not vertical enough. Not really worth breeding. Neither are the hens.
The hen doesn't even look like a serama however. Sorry.

A, B, C are by weight. Sorry for being so harsh.

The male in the first pic is a really good quality Serama would be good competition in any show! The hens Im not crazy about but thats not to say that they wont throw SQ chicks but I it were me I would breed the first roo with the second hen this might help with the short backs in the next generation hens! also the second hen seems to have a little better tail on her!

Ondra's Seramas :

Rooster #1 Definitely the best. Is he posing? He could be even show quality if that is not the best he can do...Especially for five months. The hen doesn't even look like a serama however. Sorry.
Rooster two is too long in back and not vertical enough. Not really worth breeding. Neither are the hens.
The hen doesn't even look like a serama however. Sorry.

A, B, C are by weight. Sorry for being so harsh.

He is in is Normal Stance, I didn't try to pose him or anything, that's the way he looks all the time. I think I may only use him for breeding with both hens and only use the other as a back-up if needed. The hens tails and stance are a little better when they are in their pen and not taking pictures. LOL They were a bit upset from being bothered. But they are still young and have a little ways to go before we can tell for sure about their quality.

I don't really plan on showing them, I just wanted to keep a few just to have mainly.

And I don't mind your " harshness", I asked for your thoughts and that's what you gave me. I appreciate your critique.​

Well said Tyler! We all agree.
big_smile.png

I totally love the type and color of the first roo! He is so neat. Blue and white! If you ever want to sell him, I'd take him to test mate!
wink.png
lol Or Ill trade you for a pair or something...
big_smile.png

I never had one that color! He is a cutie!!

I think the second hen would look a lot better standing..seems to me she has a higher breast, has good wing length and decent tail for a bird her age.

The first hen has lots of problems... very slim chest, very long back, her wing dosent look in the position to be very vertical...her legs are too long/wings too short..not a very full tail. I'd call her PQ for sure

The second roo is PQ too. Breast too low, back too long, looks like maybe wings too short...he looks like he is built vertically at least.

I would breed the nicer pair, and hatch chicks from them...let them grow and see in 4-5 months if they are producing chicks like themselves. Not saying that some "not so great" birds cant produce better then they are, but you're going to have to raise a lot of chicks and keep separate breeding pens and lots of records to see what you can get out of these birds. Best of luck!

<whispers.........so um, really....PM me if you want to sell that roo, lol>
wink.png

Quote:
LOL........ Thanks for all the input guys, but I think I'll keep him for now at least and breed for a while and see what I get. I may eventually get a few mottled japanese bantams and I would then what different colored Seramas since mine are close to the mottled color but for now I will keep him. I'll keep you all in mind if I hatch any like him though.

Back
Top Bottom