HELP ME! MY ROO IS TRYING TO ATTACK ME!

The above never works. You have to be the biggest rooster. Go in with your arms raised, crowing loudly, and never avoid him. Put him in the position you think you are in.
So um, your rooster treated you like a predator and you react like a predator. Good call there 🤪
Do you recommend also wearing a chicken suit with your approach?

Agreed. Sneaking out nightly to choke your chicken in the darkness isn't gonna work and sounds creepy.

Last edited:
That won't fix my Demon. I used the football method, which only worked alittle bit. He's now pure evil.

Tried offering him some grass yesterday, & all he wanted was to try biting my hand through the gate.
You don’t know until you tried. It worked for my first rooster. I could catch him during the day. He behaved all right after holding him down some time for a few days. He started to attack/defend his girls again after a month / 5 weeks. Repeating holding him down worked again for some time. But then it became spring and he woke me and our neighbours too early in the morning. So he had to go for that reason.

Kicking a rooster is not a good way to build a relationship imho.
Choking neither. I held him down without choking him. 😤

You don’t know until you tried. It worked for my first rooster. I could catch him during the day. He behaved all right after holding him down some time for a few days. He started to attack/defend his girls again after a month / 5 weeks. Repeating holding him down worked again for some time. But then it became spring and he woke me and our neighbours too early in the morning. So he had to go for that reason.

I used the method every time he went after me, it just made him worse. He bit up my arm today, cuz I had to move him to a pen briefly.
16305330702048223041735790354547.jpg
16305331040341810745037924267085.jpg
I named him Demon for a reason.

It was a battle to get him back to the coop. Kicking me up my legs, & an extra bite on my arm once grabbed.

It's not an unusual problem in some breeds. But my suggestion is if you don't like him fighting you, better not breed from him because his sons will be more likely to be fighters than sons of more gentle roosters.

That's always been one of my rules -- don't breed more like that. We once had a Polish that was a winner at some shows, but he won for other people because I wasn't going to have it!

Hi! I have a few male turd birds. I have a garden hose to fill water buckets near the coops. Guess what I bring into dear Penguin’s coop? Hose clicked to jet setting. Just be ready with it. If he looks at me funny? Jet stream of water. He doesn’t like that. Better the bird be wet with water than blood down my leg. If I don’t feel like I want him near me when I get eggs, I fire the hose off a few times, even if just at the ground. He calmly and RESPECTfully goes to the back of the coop. My other turd, Tippy, is housed with some ducks and only goes after me when he is in the netting run around the coop to allow my ducks to free range. I hose the ground as I approach. He leads the birds into the coop. It’s very nice. He spurred me leaving a permanent dent through my hiking shoe and a lump on the bone at the base of my big toe. He hasn’t gone after me after I hosed him once. 👍 You bet I have that hose in my hand when I go in there!! Now, I guess I’ll have to use a super soaker during the winter. I would not recommend letting a mean rooster free range.

As for temporary pens before selling them, if you can use cattle panels lined with chicken wire or another kind of fencing and tarps/netting over the top to make a temporary pen, that will be fine. You can also put two dog cages together to make the space bigger. There’s lots of quick set up ideas. Sometimes the bird is too violent to live. Noni rooster was culled. Noni kept going after the tender area in the bend of my leg behind my knee. I didn’t know how much damage a rooster could do! He was absolutely aiming to cause serious injury. I got lucky he missed important things. He was a free ranging roo, and I don’t have a hose that could reach to his coop because it was very far from the house. Hosing him worked well whenever a hose was within range until he learned to wait until I was distracted. All that attitude, but he didn’t save his hens from predators.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom