Help me name these quail colors please

This one (bird 1) is my favorite color, but I have no idea if it has a name. . .

They're five weeks old and about 3/4 the size of my other birds; they still have "bed head" feathers. I have a feeling these are just the way the feathers are going to be.
View attachment 2504538
Doesn't appear to be one particular color... Looks like the mix to me.

The white and tan is an autumn amber. Iv got two!

20201216_134512.jpg

View attachment 2504955
They're my first homegrowns! Roo is a celadon Tibetan and the hen is a light Italian. I thought they might turn out more uniform, but they're all different. What surprises me most are the ones with three colors mixed on their body feathers.

if the roo was a pure Tibetan, and the hen was a regular Italian with black spots, the off spring cannot be autumn amber. Since Tibetan is incompletely dominant, I’ve found the males from my sex link pen of roux males over Tibetan hens look like rosettas, but the red highlights are very very red, not brownish. The chick you posted looks autumn amber, if the spots are brown, it’s autumn amber. That means your Tibetan is not a pure Tibetan but is carrying roux. If the hen has brown spots, she may be autumn amber as well.

View attachment 2504955
This is a manchurian also, which I believe is 2 copies of the Italian gene, or homozygous for Italian. Like muddy said, it might have one copy of fee, but I think it’s also common for Manchurians to have that lovely pinkish gold look. If you look on myshires page for the Italians they have a wide variety of the looks pictured.

Back
Top Bottom