Help me name this fighter

victoria7668

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 10, 2014
Eastyorkshire-England
Hi all
Please help me find a suitable name for this little fighter.
The egg had been un-collected in the coop for 2 days and then in my fridge for a further 4 when a fox wiped out my entire flock when they were running free in my garden, mum( Easter egger) & dad ( gold brahma) were also killed. I put the egg in the incubator just to see if anything happened. He/she made it all the way to day 18 before my cat knocked the incubator on its side and badly craked the shell and still life went on. Today is mid way into day 22 (I set the egg at noon) and the little one is two hours old, when it hatched the yolk sack had fully been absorbed but the blood vessels had not fully retracted although they did seem to have detached. Again I though it would fade and die but he/she seems to be getting stronger chirping loudly and starting to stagger around the incubator. I am amazed it had pulled through so much and made it to hatch and I'm hoping it survives as he/she is all that is left of my big gentle boy and my odd looking little hen, the hen had only just started to lay and this was only her 3rd egg.

Wow! I know this doesn't sound very heroic but it makes me think of a cat we had on the farm when I was little - as a kitten she was attacked by a naughty dog and survived. After that she took no crap from anyone all her life, haha. We named her scrapper. Definition from urban dictionary: someone who is very good at fighting and coming out of a fight winning :)

Back
Top Bottom