Help me please!!

Thanks everyone I treated them last night for scaly les , but tonight will soak her foot and pull that thing off and treat her again for infection!! Thanks everyone!!

ok thank you! last night I treated both for scaly legs and tonight I will soak her foot and get that thing off and treat it ! Thank you so much for your help!

well soaked her foot and it was starting to peel off a little so I cut into it a little and then gave it a good tug and it came off like a band aide would took a couple scales with it I FELT so bad...alittle blood and boy did it stink!! So I sterilized her foot and put anti biotic ointment all over it with a clean dressing, she is defiantly limping this morning but seemed peppy and had her breakfast, gave, her a slice of watermelon to help ( she loves it) but a question , should I let her go out or keep her in the coop? she usually is a free range chicken but they have a great coop with a down stairs, was wondering because she does have a little blood on dressing should I keep in in for a couple days, till it heals better? Will the scales grow back? Thanks Kim!!

Glad you got it off of her foot. Question is, Is it all gone? I've had to dig and squeeze and dig more infection out my my chickens feet from bumblefoot. You'll know in a few days if it comes back with a vengeance.

it did smell horrible but I did squeeze it and cut off as much as I could with out cutting her leg I squeezed it till it bleed and then sterilized it and smothered it with antibiotic ointment...by the time I was done my hands were shaking , I hope I never have to do that again! That was my first time, for seven years my chickens never had that then all of a sudden they had scaly legs and that thing..thanks for all your help and hoping it heals fast and never comes back!

Back
Top Bottom