Help me please!?

FalconSniper331

In the Brooder
Mar 17, 2024
I started noticing that my duckling’s foot is inward…specifically this one…is this rickets (rachitis) or this is a broken joint? Or he hasn’t seen sunlight and need more vitamin d?..he runs completely normal..walks totally fine..sits like any duckling..i would love you guys to give me advices about this..im new ducklings owner
IMG_1968.jpeg

Last edited:
How old? Is it a pekin? Can you take another picture from a little distance? Does it appear swollen to you or just turned in? Likely it's a niacin deficiency, in which case you should get your duckling started on liquid vitamin B complex - this is the fastest acting cure before it gets more deformed and affects your duck for life. 1 ml. a day over a treat or food is the best thing, get it asap. This is available at Amazon or Tractor Supply type place. You can also sprinkle brewer's yeast over their food to boost the niacin level...but this duckling needs the liquid as well.

Attachments

• IMG_1136.JPG
    IMG_1136.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 4
Also, I'm not sure what soilage is, but ducklings definitely need a good duckling food or they're not getting the proper nutrients to deve
How old? Is it a pekin? Can you take another picture from a little distance? Does it appear swollen to you or just turned in? Likely it's a niacin deficiency, in which case you should get your duckling started on liquid vitamin B complex - this is the fastest acting cure before it gets more deformed and affects your duck for life. 1 ml. a day over a treat or food is the best thing, get it asap. This is available at Amazon or Tractor Supply type place. You can also sprinkle brewer's yeast over their food to boost the niacin level...but this duckling needs the liquid as well
How old? Is it a pekin? Can you take another picture from a little distance? Does it appear swollen to you or just turned in? Likely it's a niacin deficiency, in which case you should get your duckling started on liquid vitamin B complex - this is the fastest acting cure before it gets more deformed and affects your duck for life. 1 ml. a day over a treat or food is the best thing, get it asap. This is available at Amazon or Tractor Supply type place. You can also sprinkle brewer's yeast over their food to boost the niacin level...but this duckling needs the liquid as well.
no,its not swollen …niacin? Isnt that vitamin b?

Back
Top Bottom