HELP ME PLZ mites or lice? on bantams

chickencrazy21

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 22, 2012
west covina california
so two weeks ago i had to deworm my flock of 27 chickens because they had worms. the wazin or whatever worked. now my bantams i have four of them. one i was holding today and shes a silkie. she has little like white or tan buggies on her. im not sure if there mites or lice. i cant take a picture because they move too fast. theres not a ton on her but enough to bug me (no pun intended) i tried looking up what type of bugs by pictures but all im doing is making myself itchy and paranoid. can someone help me. thank god there still separated from my other chickens. so my questions are this

does it matter if there lice or mites? there little buggies for all i know and there not very big.

what do i treat them with?

i read somewhere front line works? is this true?

how much do i dose them with since they are bantams? if one has them does that mean all four have them?

are they contagious to humans because as im writing this im itching but idk if its all in my head lol

they are thankfully separated a good distance from the other chickens but should i treat the others as well? i do happen to have a picture of how far they are separated. i also have pictures of the bantams if that shall help but you cant see the buggies on them and i cant ask my mom for help cause shes not good with bugs. any info would be great. seems like if one thing happens to us a **** load follows. happy Easter to me! the bantams are right next to me in the corner of the picture. the rest of my chickens are at the top of the hill in the fenced in area under the tree. also do i need to worry about my dogs as there pen is next to the bantams? there pen is the green pen

Back
Top Bottom