Help me prepare for road trip to San Diego!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KikiDeAnime

Spooky
6 Years
Dec 29, 2017
Battle Ground, WA
I'll be taking a road trip down to San Diego in October to attend TwitchCon 2022. I'm taking my cat, Nyx along for the trip as she's a stubborn butt and has tried to starve herself whenever I've left on overnight trips in the past and I'd rather not come back to a dead cat.
It'll be a fun experience for my first trip by myself.
I have plans to stop by the Jelly Belly candy store on my way down.
Hotel in San Diego is booked for the day after I start my drive as I'll be stopping in Redding for a night so that's covered.
Everything is covered for Nyx so I won't need supply suggestions.
I'm looking for suggestions for things that I may have missed for myself besides the essentials.

Hmmm.... I just came back from a 3-day road trip myself, so memory is fresh:
Roadside assistance - do you have that covered in case of a breakdown?
It's worth the expense to take your car to a dealer for a multi-point inspection. Please do.
check your spare tire
roadside flares
jumper cables
Pillow, blanket and extra food and water in the car?
First aid kit
I'm curious, since I've never taken a cat on a road trip: How will Nyx manage litter box visits on the road and at the hotel? How will he manage while you're at the conference, since he'll be in an unfamiliar environment all alone?
Be sure to give your itinerary and hotel contact information to a family member or friend, in case of emergency at home - or in case you can't be reached for whatever reason. NEVER travel without someone knowing where you're going, what route you intend to take, and when you'll be home again.
Make yourself a travel bag with easily accessible items you may need on the road, and put that in your front seat. You don't want to have to dig around in the rear of your car on the roadside, because you can't find the car/phone charger or Nyx's sea-sickness medicine.
If I think of anything else, I'll post it.

Hmmm.... I just came back from a 3-day road trip myself, so memory is fresh:
Roadside assistance - do you have that covered in case of a breakdown?
It's worth the expense to take your car to a dealer for a multi-point inspection. Please do.
check your spare tire
roadside flares
jumper cables
Pillow, blanket and extra food and water in the car?
First aid kit
I'm curious, since I've never taken a cat on a road trip: How will Nyx manage litter box visits on the road and at the hotel? How will he manage while you're at the conference, since he'll be in an unfamiliar environment all alone?
Be sure to give your itinerary and hotel contact information to a family member or friend, in case of emergency at home - or in case you can't be reached for whatever reason. NEVER travel without someone knowing where you're going, what route you intend to take, and when you'll be home again.
Make yourself a travel bag with easily accessible items you may need on the road, and put that in your front seat. You don't want to have to dig around in the rear of your car on the roadside, because you can't find the car/phone charger or Nyx's sea-sickness medicine.
If I think of anything else, I'll post it.
I forgot to mention in my original post but anything car related has already been taken care of.
My dad already has all the information.
Nyx is used to being left alone for a few hours a day and is used to being in a car. And is a SHE

So like I said in my post, I just need suggestions for MYSELF only right now

I honestly wasn't trying to be rude so I apologize if it was.
I don't think you meant to be rude, and I have no hard feelings. :hugs It's okay. I just felt it was more like you were stating that no one could tell you anything you didn't already know or had already done. You know what it feels like when you're trying to talk to someone, and they wave you off or turn away to ignore you? :duc

I spent a good amount of time and brain power crafting a response for just for you that I hoped would be helpful. But I felt like my comments were not welcome, like maybe you thought I was preaching :old or not appreciating your maturity and responsibility. So *I* apologize if I made you feel offended. It was not intentional.

I truly hope you have a safe and fun trip. :highfive:

I don't think you meant to be rude, and I have no hard feelings. :hugs It's okay. I just felt it was more like you were stating that no one could tell you anything you didn't already know or had already done. You know what it feels like when you're trying to talk to someone, and they wave you off or turn away to ignore you? :duc

I spent a good amount of time and brain power crafting a response for just for you that I hoped would be helpful. But I felt like my comments were not welcome, like maybe you thought I was preaching :old or not appreciating your maturity and responsibility. So *I* apologize if I made you feel offended. It was not intentional.

I truly hope you have a safe and fun trip. :highfive:
I meant it more of aside from what I had planned for, I was hoping for anything that I may have missed or forgot about. That was on me though for not putting everything into the original post before I posted

Audio books
Munchies: snap peas and snow peas, red peppers, carrots, cabbage. These are more interesting for the mouth to play with than most foods so can take longer to eat. And are relatively non-messy to eat, help with hydration, and don't give sugar spikes/drops.

Audio books
Munchies: snap peas and snow peas, red peppers, carrots, cabbage. These are more interesting for the mouth to play with than most foods so can take longer to eat. And are relatively non-messy to eat, help with hydration, and don't give sugar spikes/drops.
I'm a bit tired right now but what are sugar spikes/drops????

I'm a bit tired right now but what are sugar spikes/drops????
If you eat high sugar foods, blood sugar spikes. If it is candy so virtually all calories come from sugar vs fat, protein, or complex carbs then blood sugar will drop very suddenly after it spikes. This is particularly hard on your pancreas and quite hard on many other body systems. It also is bad for alertness and judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom