Help me recycle this old cabinet and use it in my coop or chicken area

bobbieschicks

Chicken Tender
8 Years
Jun 24, 2011
King George, VA
My Coop
My Coop
I have this solid oak tv cabinet that I think I could somehow repurpose and use in the coop/chicken area - but I can't seem to figure out how... what should I use it for? Let me have your creative suggestions please!

I think it could be used for storage or somehow to house my Silkies or... I don't know - what do you think? I could list it on Craigslist as a tv stand - but if I can repurpose it - I'd rather do that.

97463_007.jpg
97463_008.jpg

I've always wanted an indoor bird aviary, like they have in nursing homes' dining rooms, with pretty light and plants in it, and pretty finches that sing and beep. I think that cabinet could be tricked out like an indoor aviary, the finches or canaries might love it.

Welllllll the bottom part at least could be seperated into cubbies and used as silkies nesting boxes.....
The top part could be a chicken jungle gym, ie. a large roost area, feeding station.... LoL I dunno, just throwing ideas out there.

I don't know how big your coop is but if it were mine, put it on one wall,
I see nesting boxes below, the side cabinets would be perfect to house rakes and things, extra pole for roosting, hanging an extra old coat for covering up. all the feed bags you want to save, doors on things are wonderful
I am seeing a window in the center of it, you could hang some tomatoe plants there and the chickens could watch them ripen and eat them off the vine...too cool, get the small cherry type tomatoe, and put down something water/poop proof underneath that

I would totally use that to store my craft supplies (or linens, clothes, etc). I would stain or paint it and use it in MY house, not the chickens (but that's just me
tongue.png
)

Back
Top Bottom