Help me settle on a tablet

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by BirdNut, Nov 23, 2010.

1. BirdNut

BirdNut Overrun With Chickens

Sep 13, 2010
    Suprise, Arizona
    I've been researching tablets for my digital drawing, and I can't decide which one to get. I'm looking for fairly good pricing, durability, and good performance. I've heard some good things about the Wacom tablet, but suggestions are appreciated.

2. BirdNut

BirdNut Overrun With Chickens

Sep 13, 2010
    Suprise, Arizona
    Anyone?

3. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hmmm, I've envying tablets for awhile, but I didn't realize you could buy them separately from the computer! I always thought a table was a special computer with a touch screen. I did a little searching and I found a wacom bamboo pen tablet, and it is $49 on Amazon. Looks like it's a pretty good deal! I'm considering asking for that for christmas.

4. purange

purange Out Of The Brooder

Oct 9, 2010
    New Zealand
    I had an old Wacom Graphire3 A6 for 7 years and it did fantastic (its still going strong). In my final year of Uni in the last few weeks of my final project, I thought it had broken when it wouldnt respond, when it was just the driver had become corrupt.
    Quickly replaced it with a 'bamboo pen and touch', and its lovely, I got so used to my old tablet the upgrade was fantastic (this one is much more sensitive with useful buttons on the pad for shortcutting to programs).
    I'd recommend the bamboo because of the good support and if my old tablet is anything to go by, hopefully this one should last me a while.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  5. LeaderStorm

LeaderStorm Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    South Eastern Indiana
    I have a black wacom bamboo tablet. I think it's the smallest size. It's pretty awesome. It was I think around 150-200 dollars. It came with corel painter and photoshop.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by