Help Me!!! There Is Something Wrong With Me Chicken!!! :'(

No
sad.png
sadly. Poor little guy
sad.png
I'm just wondering what I could put on his head though
hmm.png
Medicine wise

Does it look infected at all? If not, you may just be able to rinse it with some warm water and leave it be. If it looks infected though. (Hot to touch or puss.) I would clean it first with warm water and maybe apply a bit of antibiotic ointment on it to start if you have some on hand. In the morning though, (if it looks infected) you may want to go get some antibiotics for him which are available at your local feed store. Oh! I also read somewhere on BYC that people recommend Apple Cider Vinegar added to their water as it has antibiotic properties or something. Fresh garlic too. Do a search on BYC with "Apple Cider Vinegar" or "garlic" and you may find something. I have never had a chicken with a open wound yet so I am not exactly sure.

BTW-I recently bought antibiotics to have on hand for my chickens because I had just adopted one that had an injured eye. (I haven't had to give it to her yet though) and the price is really reasonable. The pack I got was called Duramycin-10 and it was $5.00. The highest price antibiotic I saw there was $15.00. The pack goes a long ways too and the expiration date is not until 2016 so it will last a long time.

Ouch!!! No, just soap and water and rinse, or put some triple antibiotic salve on it. When my one Polish looked like that, I smacked a small piece of duct tape on top of his head every day.

I♥Chickens :

Thank you so much!
smile.png
It doesnt look infected at all but I will rinse the wound with Vinegar
smile.png
Thanik you for all your help!
big_smile.png

I am not sure about rinsing the wound in vinegar (you must have found some info on BYC) I just know about adding the ACV to water. Good luck! Post any updates!! : )​

Quote:
Duct tape? How funny. Did it hurt him when you had to peel it off?

I was checking out your BYC page and I had a question for you. (BTW-all your chickens are so cute!) On your Main Coop photo, is that white tarp you are using to cover the runs? I ask because I had been trying to convince my husband a while back to do that and he wasn't convinced it would look good. Now I can show him a picture to prove it does look good! I told him it had to be finished off neatly around the edges but he couldn't visualize it. : )

Uhm okay, update! Not only is Deathwing (our black and white polish), but I woke up this morning to check on him and our other chickens and Duck (our whit polish), is now getting it on her head too!
sad.png
My poor little chickens!!! So, idk what to do...move her out with him after I wash off the blood?

Yes. Remove her too. I think it should be ok to put them together but watch them carefully. I think the other chickens decided to pick on them because they have those fun feathers on their heads. Poor chickens. : (

I know
sad.png
Our poor little Chickens. Duck is our "runt" as we like to call her, so that worries me even more. She think she's the "head hen"
gig.gif
So, maybe thats why...I felt bad putting Deathwing in there all by himself, he was really lonely... I will watch them closely though! And thank you for all your help!
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom