Help me understand please! Third world countries...

There are many agencies that help teach and build low tech approaches to solving problems like cooking without a source of adequate fuel and developing safe and adequate water supplies.

See, that I can understand. I guess I should actually do some research on what they actually teach in their schools and go from there. If I know exactly what they're being taught, I can probably break it down from there, or post what I don't understand about it and someone here will lead me in the right direction.

And, I'm greatful that I can post this and learn instead of getting attacked for not understanding. You guys are a great group!​

Quote:
When I worked at a large computer firm, something about international, business and machines... I worked in the Pacific Rim Division, we had several low and mid level employees who lived dorm-style in 4 bedroom houses. Much of the money they made while stateside was sent back home to feed/house thier extended families. The director I worked under married Miss India, and retired at 55 to move back home and live like a king (never known anyone who busted out work like that, don't think i'll ever see it again either). So yes in the cases I've seen quite a bit of the money went back to thier home countries.

Quote:
When I worked at a large computer firm, something about international, business and machines... I worked in the Pacific Rim Division, we had several low and mid level employees who lived dorm-style in 4 bedroom houses. Much of the money they made while stateside was sent back home to feed/house thier extended families. The director I worked under married Miss India, and retired at 55 to move back home and live like a king (never known anyone who busted out work like that, don't think i'll ever see it again either). So yes in the cases I've seen quite a bit of the money went back to thier home countries.

In my opinion, this is a fantastic thing. One less family starving.

look..we have been in these countries for YEARS! I mean YEARS!..and nothing has changed.. We have been teaching them how to grow food for way over 30 years people! Sorry, that tells me that nothing is REALLY going to change in these countries..not enough of them REALLY WANT to learn these things...why should they? They keep getting free food from us...
I say lets concentrate on the USA and its citizens..lets get people off of welfare and help the homeless and hungry kids HERE!...Support the farmers HERE!

Last edited:
Quote:
I mostly wholeheartedly agree that the dollars our government is throwing their way should stay here. I think this post is about private donations and each individual should have the right to decide where they want to donate. Personally I donate to St. Jude first and Operation SMILE second. OS helps children all over the world, the US included. St Jude is US only. However, if wanted to donate money to a cause in a third world nation, I would do just that.

Quote:
I mostly wholeheartedly agree that the dollars our government is throwing their way should stay here. I think this post is about private donations and each individual should have the right to decide where they want to donate. Personally I donate to St. Jude first and Operation SMILE second. OS helps children all over the world, the US included. St Jude is US only. However, if wanted to donate money to a cause in a third world nation, I would do just that.

Its your money, you can do what you want with it, silly.....
lol.png

I'm just giving my opinion on the subject..
smile.png

I should also add that i DO feel bad for ANYONE that is in need...but my alliance stays with my country first...

Last edited:
Quote:

lol.png

smile.png

lol.png
I know, it just looked like you were speaking to government dollars, to which I totally agree with you. Personally, I would love to see the world educated and functioning above poverty level. We can't even do that here!!! I should be a Miss USA contestant. I want World Peace. Bats lashes.

Quote:
lol.png

smile.png

lol.png
I know, it just looked like you were speaking to government dollars, to which I totally agree with you. Personally, I would love to see the world educated and functioning above poverty level. We can't even do that here!!! I should be a Miss USA contestant. I want World Peace. Bats lashes.

LOL..i'd loose with the swim suit competition part..
hmm.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom