Help me ...what breed is Rossi...? nobody seems to know here...

Suzie

Crowing
13 Years
Jul 9, 2009
Auvergne

Large(ish) duck...I think maybe female as it tends to make a coo-ing noise.........

Any suggestions? I am just curious...

Thanks sourland..that makes some sense now to me...normally muscovy is the preferred breed here for sale...trust me to have a mule!!!

I have enough donkeys here...and now a mule too.......some have said Rossi was maybe a barbary but I have had my suspicions that it was some melange of breeds!

She is sure pretty Suzie.
Thanks Miss Lydia!

She has the most amazing face and her eyes are adorable...I just love her whole essence...the grey and buff colouring of her feathers is unusual...she is nearly six years old and is in great health, never a moments trouble in any way ...she eats out of your hand and is very friendly

Another pic of her with Cyril....

Thanks Miss Lydia!

She has the most amazing face and her eyes are adorable...I just love her whole essence...the grey and buff colouring of her feathers is unusual...she is nearly six years old and is in great health, never a moments trouble in any way ...she eats out of your hand and is very friendly

Another pic of her with Cyril....

Scovy mixes make some beautiful birds and coloring too. She and Cyril are both precious.

Beautiful duck! Does she lay eggs? Some female mules do. But, she can never have ducklings.
Well you have just confirmed my suspicions ...to my knowledge she has never laid an egg...I thought she was a male for ages...also the black and white in the second picture..both females...not that it matters that she has never (?) laid an egg..I adore them for their character and beauty.

What breed is that gorgeous looking duck in your Avatar ?

She was a hybrid duck at the lake called Cinnamon. I think she might be Pekin and mallard mix. Her mama was a mallard, that I know for sure.

If your duck has lived six years, that's really good! I've heard mules have very short lives, like only a couple years. Muscovies tend to have long lives, so maybe she's got a few more years ahead of her, still.

Back
Top Bottom