HELP me with eggs

Rocky Top Chick

Songster
10 Years
Feb 2, 2009
North Carolina
I was given wild turkey eggs a week ago and we are trying to hatch. (nest destroyed by cutting hay) The eggs are full with a small amount of an air pocket. No idea how old, however, DH just called and said they were rocking and rolling. I told him to up the humidity and see what happens. Did I tell him correct? You think they are ready to hatch? I certainly do not want them drowning.

thanks,

i wouldnt up it dirasticaly(or however you spell it
wink.png
) but if they are rockin and rolling i would put the eggs on lockdown and be ready for a great hatch!! good luck!!
jumpy.gif

If you up the humidity, you probably want to drop them temp a bit. But if they are already rocking they are about to hatch, so probably best to let it ride.

Quote:
I wouldn't broadcast that you have or are hatching Eastern Wild eggs in NC. You are required to have a permit and they are very very hard to get. The fines are pretty steep if you get caught.

Steve

x2

the wilturkeys we just hatched we put humidity at 70% an temp at 97-98 they hatched great they do not seem to like the higher temps.we have a wildlife rehaber coming to pick them up today.here is a pic of them very cute.
59947_wilds_003.jpg

Quote:
I wouldn't broadcast that you have or are hatching Eastern Wild eggs in NC. You are required to have a permit and they are very very hard to get. The fines are pretty steep if you get caught.

Steve

x2

I appreciate the concern, however, we will not be keeping them after they hatch. Thanks,

Back
Top Bottom