HELP me with eggs

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by Rocky Top Chick, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Rocky Top Chick

Rocky Top Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2009
    North Carolina
    I was given wild turkey eggs a week ago and we are trying to hatch. (nest destroyed by cutting hay) The eggs are full with a small amount of an air pocket. No idea how old, however, DH just called and said they were rocking and rolling. I told him to up the humidity and see what happens. Did I tell him correct? You think they are ready to hatch? I certainly do not want them drowning.

thanks,

2. Barredacauna

Barredacauna Out Of The Brooder

May 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    i wouldnt up it dirasticaly(or however you spell it [​IMG]) but if they are rockin and rolling i would put the eggs on lockdown and be ready for a great hatch!! good luck!! [​IMG]

3. Lagerdogger

Lagerdogger Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2010
    Aitkin, MN
    If you up the humidity, you probably want to drop them temp a bit. But if they are already rocking they are about to hatch, so probably best to let it ride.

4. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    GOOOD LUCK!!![​IMG]

Let us know what happens!

5. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

delete

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  6. ChickyChickyBaby

ChickyChickyBaby Barefoot Bantams

Quote:I wouldn't broadcast that you have or are hatching Eastern Wild eggs in NC. You are required to have a permit and they are very very hard to get. The fines are pretty steep if you get caught.

Steve

x2

7. jimmythechicken

jimmythechicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
    the wilturkeys we just hatched we put humidity at 70% an temp at 97-98 they hatched great they do not seem to like the higher temps.we have a wildlife rehaber coming to pick them up today.here is a pic of them very cute.
    [​IMG]

8. Rocky Top Chick

Rocky Top Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2009
    North Carolina
    Quote:I wouldn't broadcast that you have or are hatching Eastern Wild eggs in NC. You are required to have a permit and they are very very hard to get. The fines are pretty steep if you get caught.

Steve

x2

I appreciate the concern, however, we will not be keeping them after they hatch. Thanks,

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by