Help me with my silkies

annmarie33

Chirping
Jun 22, 2015
I have 1 24 week white Silkie hen and 3 18 week old silkies and 2 are blue and one splash. I am pretty sure both blue are roosters. I have seen one of them mount and one crow but they look very similar so it's hard to know which is doing what. They have large combs. But the splash is the same size as my hen. It's a lot smaller than the blue even though they are the same age. It doesn't seem to have a comb yet. But it does have whispy head feathers. But I swear I've seen it mount and act aggressive to the roosters. What do you think on these 3?

We'll need better pictures, especially of their combs. Just by what I can see, I'd guess the splash is a pullet and the blue a cockerel (going by the shape of their crests, anyway).

Thank you! That makes me happy bc I was worried the splash was a rooster too and really wanted it to be a hen! So her offspring if bred with a blue Silkie would be splash of blue too? I had ordered 3 blue so I didn't even know splash existed

You're welcome, but keep in mind, Silkies are very difficult to sex so things could change.

And yes, if the splash is indeed a pullet, bred to a blue would give you blue and splash chicks.

Back
Top Bottom