Help Me!

Darlene Held

In the Brooder
Sep 2, 2019
My "free range" chicken is brooding. Her location is in a neighbors yard and I am not acquainted with them and cant get to the eggs. Will she sit on them forever????? I only see her about once a week! she looks awful

She will sit on them for 21 days unless she gets bored and comes back. How long has she been sat there? She will then proceed to look after the chicks if the eggs are fertile. Is there no way you can tempt her out when she comes out once a day? Is she eating and drinking do you know, she should still look relatively healthy?

My "free range" chicken is brooding. Her location is in a neighbors yard and I am not acquainted with them and cant get to the eggs. Will she sit on them forever????? I only see her about once a week! she looks awful
You need to knock on the neighbors door and tell them you need to get your chicken out of their yard.
Best to do it at night well after dark.

You need to knock on the neighbors door and tell them you need to get your chicken out of their yard.
Best to do it at night well after dark.

x2. Not everyone will take kindly to someone else's animal roaming on their property, so best for all parties involved for you to go and get her and her clutch.

Back
Top Bottom