Help me!!!!!!

chickarooo

Chirping
6 Years
Aug 21, 2013
hi BYC friends I'm new and got onto the website because I'm worried I have a tiny little pekin sitting on 6 eggs it's day 20 now nothing yet anyway I'm worried that my pekin is going to squash her babies because she is so little if she does stepped on one should I save the rest and take them from under her and inside? Also she is very aggressive and she pecks me like you wouldn't believe is there any way I can stop her from being so aggressive?

Please help me out I seriously am desperate for some advice

sounds like shes just being a good mama hen they will be agessive to anything threatening their clutch. and she should be just fine with the babies and wont squish any...shes doing what hens do. if shes in with other chickens thou you might end up seperating her and the chicks from the rest i have seen a baby squished when mama trys to fight off another chicken from the chicks but only rarly.

I have had her seperated since the start the reason I am worrying about this squashing thing is because I had a pekin and she was sitting on 9 eggs they all hatched but only one servived because she squished them

well I just candled them and all are fertile i just don't know what the air sack looks like so I'm a little confused

I haven't hatched ducks yet but just hatched chickens few months ago and I candled while the hatching process was going I saw the baby poke its head into the air sack spot and saw its breathing and movements it was quite cool, give them a day or so its a hard wait I know! Post pictures when they've hatched!

i will sooo excited
clap.gif

i was just wondering if anyone else has some chicks or ducklings due soon if so i would love to talk

mommas try to be really still and calm when hatching and don't even want to leave the nest. she is aggressive towards you because she is protecting her eggs, but that doesn't mean she will be mean to her babies. good luck!

Back
Top Bottom