HELP ME!!!!!!!!!

rooster buyer

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jan 19, 2014
Okay I have an still air incubator and I have 12 barred rock eggs but it's day 22 and no movement do please reply thanks.

When did you last candle?
Can you see movement with the eggs?
I heard with still air incubators and with this cold weather many of us are experiencing, eggs can take a day or two longer to hatch.
Hope that is your case.

Do you see any rocking or hear any peeping? have you been candling along the way? did they look like they were developing "on time"?? it could be that they are just slow. I heard of people having them still hatch at 23 days... I would wait until at least the end of today and then try to candle to see if any movement. Make sure you raise your humidity way up before opening the bator. and don't open if any of them have pipped. .If still nothing , take one out and put in warm water, See if the water moves. If the water is still, then they are probably not viable. its so stressful Good luck!!

Do you see any rocking or hear any peeping? have you been candling along the way? did they look like they were developing "on time"?? it could be that they are just slow. I heard of people having them still hatch at 23 days... I would wait until at least the end of today and then try to candle to see if any movement. Make sure you raise your humidity way up before opening the bator. and don't open if any of them have pipped. .If still nothing , take one out and put in warm water, See if the water moves. If the water is still, then they are probably not viable. its so stressful Good luck!!

so I can pour a glass of warm water and sit them in it and see if they move well would I need to dry them off afterwards thanks so much.

Well I was doing the water test and dropped an egg and it wasn't even developed yet so all twelve were like that.

oh no... that stinks..... hopefully these are your eggs and you didn't buy them.... your rooster needs to get on the ball! I would suggest searching the forum for "candling" You can check the progress as you go, and you will know if they are not developing. Good luck on your next batch!

Well I was doing the water test and dropped an egg and it wasn't even developed yet so all twelve were like that.

I have a still air and mine started hatching at day 23, only got three out of 16 to hatch and out of those 2 died.. The other 13 were fully developed but died after pipping or died before... I firmly believe its the cold weather, I am setting another batch in a few days and moving them into a spare bedroom where I can control the temperature better..
Whats your hen to roo ratio?? I have two rooster for 8 hens, over kill I know, but I have ten pullets that will start laying in a month

Back
Top Bottom