HELP!!!!! Mean Rooster

If you can't bring yourself to do it,why not just rehome him for free? Unless you really want the meat. I did my own actuall culling just a couple months ago on someones free roos. It's not that hard to put them in the cone and slice their neck. You snap their neck after the slice,they go quick. The twitching stops quicker than letting them flop around after their heads are cut off. The meat also bruises that way too.

If you can't bring yourself to do it,why not just rehome him for free? Unless you really want the meat. I did my own actuall culling just a couple months ago on someones free roos. It's not that hard to put them in the cone and slice their neck. You snap their neck after the slice,they go quick. The twitching stops quicker than letting them flop around after their heads are cut off. The meat also bruises that way too.
I have tried I have had him on CL and every local site I can think of for almost 3 weeks

I have tried I have had him on CL and every local site I can think of for almost 3 weeks 
Have you tried a facebook yardsale page? We have "our county" onlinline yardsale. I sold 2 of my roos yesterday for $10. For free would go quick. I just didnt want mine to end up in someone elses pot. I could have done that myself.i just got too attached to one i thought was a hen. They ended up on a farm 5 min from us that had a weasel attack and took most of their flock,so these boys will be helping repopulate,lol! Fine by me!

Personally, I would not "rehome" a rooster that goes after people. I wouldn't want to be responsible for someone getting injured. Besides, if I did,it would be with full disclosure, so it would most likely be eaten anyway. Why would I put time, effort and money into a chicken just to give it to someone else to eat?

Personally, I would not "rehome" a rooster that goes after people. I wouldn't want to be responsible for someone getting injured. Besides, if I did,it would be with full disclosure, so it would most likely be eaten anyway. Why would I put time, effort and money into a chicken just to give it to someone else to eat?

Oh I was fully honest in my ads at all time I would never want to be responsible for someone getting hurt. I was hoping to find someone who wanted him for food or protection for another flock. However lol that may be why I still have him lol

How are you going to catch a psycho chicken?
Myself, I'd probably put a .22 in his head.

My husband said almost that exact same scentence about an hour ago when we were talki about it lol he looked at me and said that if I want him to kill it I had to hold the thin down lol

If a rooster attacked me like that I don't think I would be wondering how best to kill him, just how fast, no one can say which was is better, just get it done. He's lived a better and more humane life than anything you would buy in the store or KFC, no one asked how those birds died, just whether they come extra crispy or not. It a part of chicken keeping we all must face.

I dont get how people roos are that aggressive. But I use a cone. Chopping the head off seems to create a blood clot which makes them more stiffer then the cone. Ive heard a method where you take a knife and push it through the top of the mouth so it hits the brain...ive never tried it though.

Back
Top Bottom