Help meeded qith harlequin

No and we looked we did have a snake get two babies the other night... but the older ones are all fine. I'm hoping niacin and b 12 will help and the electrolyte water. I tried to get it in him but he dribbled most of it out ao we put a gallon of water outin a bucket with electrolyte in it and then every bucket has niacin in it now not just the one inside the pen...
Miss Lydia is correct about your ducks needing to drink. You can use a tube to force fluids into their crop. I pasted a link below, about tube feeding, which you can also use just for fluids as well. I highly recommend having these supplies on hand even if you don't use them. They are great to have on hand when you need them.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...ng-guide-pictures-under-construction.1064392/

This is a great way to give meds along with nutrition. If your duck isn’t eating he’ll go down hill pretty fast. Tube feeding saved one of my Runners life.

This is a great way to give meds along with nutrition. If your duck isn’t eating he’ll go down hill pretty fast. Tube feeding saved one of my Runners life.
Thank you we will look into it.. I do have a question... do I. Need to give niacin along with the electrolyte powder I'm adding to water. I sonr want to over do it but I can't seem to read a consistent answer

Miss Lydia is correct about your ducks needing to drink. You can use a tube to force fluids into their crop. I pasted a link below, about tube feeding, which you can also use just for fluids as well. I highly recommend having these supplies on hand even if you don't use them. They are great to have on hand when you need them.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...ng-guide-pictures-under-construction.1064392/
@Quatie and @MissLydia Where is the best place to find these items. I see Kaytee feed for the tube, is at petsmart

@Quatie and @MissLydia Where is the best place to find these items. I see Kaytee feed for the tube, is at petsmart
You may be able to find the catheter at Walmart or TSC. You can also use aquarium tubing if you can't find any it. The tubing just needs to be supple and soft. The end will need to be slightly melted with a flame to just soften the ends so they don't cut its. Throat when going down. Otherwise online is the only other place I know to get it.

You may be able to find the catheter at Walmart or TSC. You can also use aquarium tubing if you can't find any it. The tubing just needs to be supple and soft. The end will need to be slightly melted with a flame to just soften the ends so they don't cut its. Throat when going down. Otherwise online is the only other place I know to get it.
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom