Help meeded qith harlequin

Well seems things are just in the ground they are here. I often find a screw that has washed up after a heavy rain or under the woodshed where mine like to hang out I have picked up staples with the magnet. I don't understand the last part of your reply

Well seems things are just in the ground they are here. I often find a screw that has washed up after a heavy rain or under the woodshed where mine like to hang out I have picked up staples with the magnet. I don't understand the last part of your reply
I had the same thing. I had a large chunk of metal that I found on the property. The previous owner piled burned some weird stuff. I am sometimes run the area with a magnet just to check. I randomly found a can once. I think some animal dragged it around.

I think they have a call into a vet.

So update july 5th.. still the same out of niacin. Vet called didn't mention continuing niacin. Should I? She thinks it's a vitamin deficiency. She Only stated b complex and add rooster booster. So have to get rooster booster. Which I Thought I had and do not. Have b12 as shown on here before I do have b complex pills I can crush. Any advice on how to use per gallon of water? Also still electrolyte water?
Am still tube feeding 3 times a day
Still not really eating on his own. Is drinking

And rooster booster? TSC I know has it however not sure its what I'm looking for .. what about the vet RX? Would that help?

Thanks again @Quatie @Miss Lydia @HollowOfWisps

If your giving B complex do you have the liquid if not crush the pills and add to his tubing because adding to water is going to dilute it.
VetRX is like Vicks vapor rub for humans. Unless he is having respiratory issues I wouldn't use it.
I think it's poultry cell that @HollowOfWisps uses she says is really good.
Is what your calling B12 the liquid B complex that we use here for niacin def?

So update july 5th.. still the same out of niacin. Vet called didn't mention continuing niacin. Should I? She thinks it's a vitamin deficiency. She Only stated b complex and add rooster booster. So have to get rooster booster. Which I Thought I had and do not. Have b12 as shown on here before I do have b complex pills I can crush. Any advice on how to use per gallon of water? Also still electrolyte water?
Am still tube feeding 3 times a day
Still not really eating on his own. Is drinking

And rooster booster? TSC I know has it however not sure its what I'm looking for .. what about the vet RX? Would that help?

Thanks again @Quatie @Miss Lydia @HollowOfWisps
This seems a bit vague to me. You may want to talk to the vet for clarification. Rooster booster is a brand. They could be taking about rooster booster poultry cell, rooster booster vitamins and electrolytes and I can go on with this list.

So Naicin is a B vitamin. The B12 you mentioned long ago in the thread just had B12. I would agree and go for a B complex, which contains a variety of b vitamins including naicin. Did tell your vet you have been giving your duck naicin?

If you have a pill, you will just want to stick it down it's throat. You can post a picture of the ingredients and we can double check the dosage.

This is usually what most of us use from TSC, and it is 1ml in a syringe right into it's throat.

PXL_20210913_025713315.jpg

Also if you are confused at all what the vet is saying, contact them and ask for my specifics and hands on examples. It is not your fault if you don't understand, they should be explaining things better.

I agree Rooster Booster is a brand with many products. I use both their "Poultry Booster" and "Poultry Cell" products with "Poultry Cell" being my favorite of the two since it is a liquid unlike "Poultry Booster" which comes in pellets and a powder. I have always used Rooster Booster's "Poultry Cell" for emergency situations and only use their "Poultry Booster" for an extra booster here and there. Both also contain niacin. I have had ducks go from flopping like a fish to walking with the help of "Poultry Cell".

If your giving B complex do you have the liquid if not crush the pills and add to his tubing because adding to water is going to dilute it.
VetRX is like Vicks vapor rub for humans. Unless he is having respiratory issues I wouldn't use it.
I think it's poultry cell that @HollowOfWisps uses she says is really good.
Is what your calling B12 the liquid B complex that we use here for niacin def?
It says I need the bottle b 12 liquid. And I used that for the Def. But nothing happened and was also giving niacin as well. So I will try the rooster booster as vet suggested. She feels it's vitamin deficient. But he still doesn't attempt to eat out of any of the feeding areas... my b complex is a pill form
Id like to crush it.im not comfortable with administering a pill. However I've gotten good at the tube feeding and when the duck is Full let's me know by standing and starts walking away... lol so we have a mutual understanding.

This seems a bit vague to me. You may want to talk to the vet for clarification. Rooster booster is a brand. They could be taking about rooster booster poultry cell, rooster booster vitamins and electrolytes and I can go on with this list.

So Naicin is a B vitamin. The B12 you mentioned long ago in the thread just had B12. I would agree and go for a B complex, which contains a variety of b vitamins including naicin. Did tell your vet you have been giving your duck naicin?

If you have a pill, you will just want to stick it down it's throat. You can post a picture of the ingredients and we can double check the dosage.

This is usually what most of us use from TSC, and it is 1ml in a syringe right into it's throat.

View attachment 3175367

Also if you are confused at all what the vet is saying, contact them and ask for my specifics and hands on examples. It is not your fault if you don't understand, they should be explaining things better.
@Miss Lydia and @HollowOfWisps thank you very much for all your advise you are correct. She was a bit vague. And gave me another vet to consult and I am waiting on a call from them. It could take up to 48 hours per the tech who answered.
My TSC did not have thw above for mentioned bottle soi will have to try to find it.unless tou feel crushing the B complex may be enough.

Oh @HollowOfWisps ...I did advise her that he was getting niacin and she had no comment towards that.?

Back
Top Bottom