Help! Modern Game Bantam Sexing.

BantamAshley

Songster
Mar 6, 2018
Syracuse, NY
6B13C42E-CF56-453A-A21A-41C75DB6975B.jpeg
8041926E-2C64-4126-9EBD-1EAD2F688952.jpeg
Are there any willing members who are familiar with rearing modern games, who may be willing to offer any advice or input?
This is a 3 week old blue/black modern game bantam. It’s comb is quite pronounced, with some redness.
I’m wondering if it is a roo, or if this comb development is typical in females of this breed as well.
I have found little to no recourses on the internet as to what clues to look for in sexing modern game Bantams. Pictures haven’t been helpful either, as male and female combs have often been dubbed in both genders.
Thank you for your time!

That comb is not typical of a female modern game at that age. A female would have a very small grayish black comb. My female moderns don't develop red combs until they are several months old. I would say that it's a cockerel. Btw, people don't dub females.

View attachment 1325794 View attachment 1325790 Are there any willing members who are familiar with rearing modern games, who may be willing to offer any advice or input?
This is a 3 week old blue/black modern game bantam. It’s comb is quite pronounced, with some redness.
I’m wondering if it is a roo, or if this comb development is typical in females of this breed as well.
I have found little to no recourses on the internet as to what clues to look for in sexing modern game Bantams. Pictures haven’t been helpful either, as male and female combs have often been dubbed in both genders.
Thank you for your time!
Hello! He does look like a cockerel, and a blue or silver of some type. Do you happen to have any updates pictures?

Back
Top Bottom