Help, my 2 weeks baby quail ate a long hair, what I can do, thanks

Alodie Xia

In the Brooder
Aug 11, 2020
This is a very healthy baby quail and don’t know where to find my long hair and ate part of it when I found out. I tried to pull it out but sticker, so I cut the hair outside of it’s crop, worried that it’s intestines will hurt when I pulled a bit from it’s throat....

Do you give these quail chicks grit? That's one thing you can do to assure the hair will travel through the digestive system all right. Another safeguard is to slip a little solid coconut oil into the chick's beak. This will lubricate the digestive tract and let the hair slip through.

You do need to check the chick's throat and tongue to be sure the hair hasn't wrapped around the tongue or is still stuck in the throat.

Do you give these quail chicks grit? That's one thing you can do to assure the hair will travel through the digestive system all right. Another safeguard is to slip a little solid coconut oil into the chick's beak. This will lubricate the digestive tract and let the hair slip through.

You do need to check the chick's throat and tongue to be sure the hair hasn't wrapped around the tongue or is still stuck in the throat.
Thanks I will try the coconut oil, but it’s so tiny I don’t know how to check and see if hair still stuck in the throat. Anyway it’s eating drinking normally right now....

Back
Top Bottom