Help! My 3 week old duckling is struggling!

Pics

jenna elizabeth

Songster
6 Years
Aug 24, 2015
Alabama
She was fine yesterday! She woke up and just wasn’t acting right next time I checked on her she was flipping all around, wouldn’t eat or drink, almost like having a seizure!); not her eyes Are like closing shut, and she’s sleeping a lot I’m thinking maybe she had botulism but I’m not sure! Think I’m going to try a charcoal slurpee in the morning but don’t know what charcoal to use! Can they have adult actived charcoal? Thanks !

Sounds like a quack to me! How’s she doing?
Yay good!😊 she’s getting there! I haven’t had to put her in her sling in 3 days! She’s able to walk around her coop and eat and drink on her own❤️ I don’t leave a pool in there because I don’t want her to drown! But I let them swim each day and she’s able to swim alone!😊

@jenna elizabeth has she been outside to have eaten something toxic?
Is she crested? what is your brooder what are you using for bedding what are you feeding and what about temps in the brooder? and are you giving your ducklings any form of niacin? please don't force her to drink anything until you answer these questions.

Poultry Nutri drench is excellent how is she today? Your duckling needs niacin and the best you can get is liquid b complex ASAP. Chick starter doesn’t have the amount of niacin our ducklings need which can lead to neurological problems and lamneness. TSC has this liquid. You can put it over a small amount of feed or a treat like peas or mealworms. But she needs it now.
E2B19444-8CC8-482E-B17C-764A93E8DF54.jpeg
E2B19444-8CC8-482E-B17C-764A93E8DF54.jpeg

She hasn’t been outside yet. I’m using a large plastic box and using Pine shavings. They have niacin in their feed, is there any other form I can put in their food? I bought vitamin drops to put in their water and hat that has it in it as well. Thank you so much for helping! What kind of activated charcoal is okay for them?

Are you providing heat?

Back
Top Bottom