Help! My 3 week old duckling is struggling!

Pics
Separating the duckling from the rest of the flock would only make the duckling more stressed out. As long as the duckling isn't being bullied it will be fine.
I was thinking in case the duckling has something contagious it could take out the whole flock. I think the duckling will be fine alone for awhile until a diagnosis can be made. I had to separate a duckling from my flock once and I carried in around with me for almost a week. She did fine.

Even if she did have a contagious disease (Which is quite rare in duckling's) the other bird would already be contaminated. The duckling's symptoms don't seem to sound like a contagious disease to me. Given her state, I think keeping another duckling with her would be a good idea, or separating them with a clear divider so they can see and hear each other if the other one started to bully her.

Yes when I tried to separate her from her sister they both freaked out! My other duck has been very sweet and hasn’t bullied her at all❤
Also her feed is non medicated!❤

Mine also freak out when I separate them for just a few seconds, couldn't imagine how they would act if they were separated for days.

Glad to hear!

Back
Top Bottom