Help! My 3 week old duckling is struggling!

Pics
Hey it’s been a while. Aflac is seeming to get worse again..😢 I hate to see her suffer. She can get around a bit then falls over and can’t get herself up 😩 I don’t know what to do. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Idk if I should bring her to a rescue I’m not sure if anyone would even take her since she was a pet. I love her and I’ve tried but I just feel bad I feel like I can’t do enough or be with her enough ☹️☹️

Hey it’s been a while. Aflac is seeming to get worse again..😢 I hate to see her suffer. She can get around a bit then falls over and can’t get herself up 😩 I don’t know what to do. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Idk if I should bring her to a rescue I’m not sure if anyone would even take her since she was a pet. I love her and I’ve tried but I just feel bad I feel like I can’t do enough or be with her enough ☹☹

I would keep trying to reduce stress on her, keep watching things like eating, drinking, pooping.

I'm sorry. They have fragile bodies.

I think you will probably have to just endure with it, until it plays out. You can try holding her when she can't get up but that might make her more stressed out if she doesn't like being picked up.

Stay on the simple stuff; aggressive with drinking water, drinking, eating, etc. You could try to up the protein amount a bit, but too much wouldn't be great either and may have side effects in other areas. (Soy meal has higher protein content, maybe too much without reducing it.) And this isn't really functioning like Vitamin C, so much as trying to grow them out of trouble.

Citrus foods may have acidity that would not agree well with ducks. So you may have to be really careful about how much of this you do. They aren't built well for much acidic food.

How is the temperature of her environment?

And any other stressors you can eliminate?

It’s hot here I’m in lower Alabama, high humidity. Today I let her swim around, she loves swimming then I dried her with a towel and cuddled her! She is missing her oils that the other ducks have so it takes a long time for her to dry, and she flips most when she’s trying to dry because she’s picking at her feathers a lot! I also kept her in her sling a lot today so she couldn’t flip. I think that helps!

Back
Top Bottom