HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!My baby chick has bubbles coming out of wound.

redrooster99

Songster
9 Years
Jun 14, 2013
georgia
my baby chick has got a wound on her but area, and it happened today i figured she would be okay then a bubble came out and then went down then another one came out when it chirped what do i do. PLEASE HELP THIS IS URGENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would clean the area with betadine, and take some neosporin ointment and place over the wound with apiece of gauze or cotton, and then hold it there for as long as you can sit with the chick. It could have a leaking air sac that is punctured. The ointment and gauze may make a seal temporarily until it heals. There is not much else I can suggest.

I've never seen anything like that before. Do the bubbles pop or is it a membrane that is staying there? It must be a leaking air sac, but it needs to be closed up. Below are some pictures that show the location of the 9 air sacs in chickens and birds.

draft_lens17805148module149275978photo_1301788169airsacs.gif
airsacs_12.gif

they go away then come back but i think it is sort of a membrane i got it closed up with a Gauss and neosporin cream.

Please let us know how she gets along. I really hope it heals up. If a vet is a possibility, they could probably put s stitch in the skin to close it up, but it may close on it's own in a day or so.

i dont realy have the money for a vet but i will definintly update you all. but if it is an air sac does the chicken have to have the air sac.

i dont realy have the money for a vet but i will definintly update you all. but if it is an air sac does the chicken have to have the air sac.

Unfortunately, yes they need the air sacs to breath. Birds breath "recycled" air. It's not just a breath in and out like ours is. A breath comes in and then moves through the different chambers and then out.

Unfortunately, yes they need the air sacs to breath. Birds breath "recycled" air. It's not just a breath in and out like ours is. A breath comes in and then moves through the different chambers and then out.
Sadly she didn't make it through the night. I'm going to miss her, but know she is in chicken heaven.

Back
Top Bottom