Help my baby PLEASE

Buck Oakes

Songster
5 Years
Feb 9, 2014
Madison/Gluckstadt, Mississippi
My very first muscovy female I hatched is constantly throwing up water, she's having as hard time breathing and she can't stand up, she's also not pooping any, and I've noticed she's had diaharrea the last few days ( like extrmely watery poo) please help em I love her so much! Ps she also sounds super congested

Last edited:
Do you have any Baytril, Cipro, Augmentin, Clavamox or amoxicillin? Do you know any pigeon breeders or gamebird breeders (cock fighters), cause either one is likely to have the drugs I mentioned.

-Kathy

If you can I'd take her to the vet immediately.She sounds like she has a very bad respiratory disease which are extremely serious the most minor one would probably be Infectious Bronchitis and the most common but she sounds like she has something much more intense due to her unable to walk.Unless she has an injury to the lungs of some sort.I wish I could be more helpful I'd take her to the vet if you can because we could give a lot of guesses.

okay i took her to the vet, yesterday, shes doing much better, they put her on oxygen and finally took her off this morning, btw it took major links to get her to the emergency vet, since they usually dont take birds i had to get my friend jeff vance who is co-head of poultry for the state to help, also i had to call my vet Dr. Kathy Vaughn to tell me that the emergency vet has no choice but to take in all animals in critical care (if theyre domesticated), okay so shes throwing up from a major sour crop, and the doctor expected she had an egg not form the right way so thats pressing on her insides, (he thinks) she is doing much better, keep us in your prayers. Please, Farm girl really needs all the prayers she can get.

Also jeff requested an avian influenza test, im really hoping its not that.

we have no idea what caused the sour crop, and since females dont show signs like males then its really hard to diagnose. We're ( me and the doctor) are expecting the raw apple cider vinegar so no more of that and now im treating everybody with tetramycin which is supposed to help clean the crop. Thankyou everyone.

Back
Top Bottom