Help,my chick is not moving

Hmmm. 🤔 How about this. Put several jars, warmer than 33, in a three-sided square. Put a heavy towel over the top to form a cave the chicks can get inside. The towel should hang down around the jars to insulate them and hold the warmth in, to keep them warm longer. I'm thinking two or three jars on two sides and one or two on the end. Should be nice and cozy in there!

since the water will cool as it impart warmth to the fhick and the environment, it’ll still be too cold. I would make it warmer, fill directly from you hot water faucet, then wrap a paper towel around it. make a few of these jars, 4 would be a good number.. i think. the chick needs enough heat to warm up to do other activities.

do you have a lamp? a 100w incandescent light bulb puts out a good amount of heat, this was what i used for my own brooder. make sure that the bulb itself is out of reach for the chicks.

edit: just saw cazooks reply, yes! surround and throw a towel over the jars so they can trap the heat, like a little warm cave so to speak
Is it fine if we covered the chick herself with a towel or something similar?

Hmmm. 🤔 How about this. Put several jars, warmer than 33, in a three-sided square. Put a heavy towel over the top to form a cave the chicks can get inside. The towel should hang down around the jars to insulate them and hold the warmth in, to keep them warm longer. I'm thinking two or three jars on two sides and one or two on the end. Should be nice and cozy in there!
Alright! Jar gathering time!

UPDATE:We have put the chick in it's own box with a jar that has warm water in it,we have also added a towel on top of the cage,all we have to do now is to turn off the lights and check back later.

Attachments

• IMG_20210604_212755.jpg
    IMG_20210604_212755.jpg
    509.2 KB · Views: 3
I'll make sure to do that.
EDIT:My mother is currently feeding her the mixture,I can already see some improvements.
Great! That typically can revive a chick, it’s like a little energy drink for them haha. I would continue giving the chick that a couple times a day. Good luck! I hope your chick makes it.

UPDATE:We have put the chick in it's own box with a jar that has warm water in it,we have also added a towel on top of the cage,all we have to do now is to turn off the lights and check back later.
great! make sure to change these out frequently. As long as you insulate it with a layer or two of paper towel etc, You can use pretty hot water. The chicks can then move themselves away or closer to the jars as necessary.

heat is the most important thing to provide to a chick, without it, their bodies can’t support other functions.

Back
Top Bottom