HELP!!! My chicken ate bullets!!!!!!!!

Quote:
I agree, bread soaked in olive oil. My Lilith has a bad habit of eating non-edibles. First it was broken glass, then soda can tabs. The bread/olive oil trick always helps her pass it quickly.

I don't think the cartridge will pass undamaged. The gizzard is pretty efficient at grinding up stuff. I once found a glass marble in a rooster I butchered---it was one third the size of a normal marble with a "frosted" surface from the grinding. When I butcher a chicken I usually look at the gizzard contents cause my property is full of glacial rocks/sand and some of the gizzard contents are pretty polished rocks. I suspect the lead, brass, and propellant may cause poisoning.

Iam going to bet it causes poisoning. But who knows, chickens tend to survive a lot of things they should not! I wouldnt eat her though, ever, lead poisoning lasts a long time in animal tissue.

This is why I am a firm believer that chickens are about as bright as mobile house plants. lol. Poor little hen. I had a chicken that repeatedly ate the most toxic and dangerously sharp items possible. She lived through it.

Keep us posted!

Quote:
You are soooo bad!
smack.gif
gig.gif
Poor chickie. Don't let her go off half cocked.
duc.gif

Last edited:
Although it is common to have bullets made of Lead. it is not certain that they would be. Bullets can also be made of solid brass, steel or even in part of aluminum. You would have to find out just what type of bullet it was to find out what it is made of.

If the bullet was small enough that she would go ahead and pass it
there wouldn't be a problem with the lead bullet. It would have to stay
in her for some time to cause poisoning.
The brass itself would not be toxic BUT it has been exposed to the lead bullet.
The propellant should be no problem as there would only be trace
amounts of it on the bullet or in the casing. It will have burned off.
So, make her poop and get it out and she should be okay.

Back
Top Bottom