HELP!! MY CHICKEN CAN’T WALK!!

L12837H

Chirping
Mar 3, 2021
My bantam chicken was doing fine all day until all of the sudden I saw her falling down when she tried to walk. Every time she tries to walk she falls down as if she was drunk or dizzy. She can’t walk straight, she keeps going from side to side until she falls.
What could it be that she has? Could she have eaten a poisonous insect? Someone please help me!!!

There are quite a few possibilities that can cause the symptoms you're seeing.
External parasites, thiamine deficiency, botulism, fungus/mold, Marek's disease, other vitamin/mineral deficiencies.
Inspect her closely for lice/mites, especially around the vent area. Inspect feed sacks for mold and inside the coops as well. Waterers may have green algae in them, eating spoiled or rotten food.
Try giving her vitamin E once a day with a couple of drops of Poultry Nutri drench twice a day for no more than 7 days. Hopefully she'll improve.

There are quite a few possibilities that can cause the symptoms you're seeing.
External parasites, thiamine deficiency, botulism, fungus/mold, Marek's disease, other vitamin/mineral deficiencies.
Inspect her closely for lice/mites, especially around the vent area. Inspect feed sacks for mold and inside the coops as well. Waterers may have green algae in them, eating spoiled or rotten food.
Try giving her vitamin E once a day with a couple of drops of Poultry Nutri drench twice a day for no more than 7 days. Hopefully she'll improve.
Thank you so much! I have vitamin E pills for myself, can I give her that? Or do they have to be specialized for chickens?

Back
Top Bottom