help! my chicken egg hatched and the chick has guts on the outside!

KWAK

Crowing
14 Years
Feb 2, 2009
Michigan
i cant kill it
sad.png
so is there any thing i can do like bandage it up or somthing till its guts go inside?

Is it's guts or is it's yolk sac

If its yolk sac take a paper towel, nice and wet, wrap it in it, and make sue head is peaked our, hen place in cup
With heat, for warmth

It can still absorb the yolk

This way, other chicks don't attack the yolk

Last edited:
Did you help it out of the shell? sometimes they take a while for the yoke to be exorbed and helping it out of the shell to soon will cause that. I have never heard of any other cause. All you can do is put it out of its misery. Once the yoke looses moisture it won't be exorbed.

I agree with wannabchick... Wrap it in a moist paper towel, washcloth or small hand towel... The moisture will keep it from drying out.. Make sure the water is warm when you wet the towel and then wrap the chick in it and put it back in the bator.. Keep it's head unwrapped so it can breathe.. Check on it in a few hours.. If it still had not absorbed it, wrap it back up and put it back... You may have to do this a few times... Once the yolk is completely absorbed, take the towel off of it and put it back in the bator to dry.. once it's dry, you can move it to the brooder... I had a chick like this last April and it actually took 2 days wrapped in a towel and half the shell! She's all grown up and her name is Miracle!!!!

Goddess
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom