Help! My chicken is very sick

Sorry about your hen. If it's crop (near base of neck), when passing through the mouth, food does not go straight to the stomach, but is stored in a compartment called the crop. When you touch it, does it feel like sifting sand. or a bean bag? If it does, it could be crop. thus, the chicken has been stuffing herself. The crop would look large when eating and shrink when hungry. One way to tell for sure is to remove food at bedtime. and see if it is gone in the ;morning. if it is, then it was the crop. It could also be infection or an abscess. You may want to check with your vet. She may be walking and eating well but if it's a tumor, it is fatal usually. If it is a cist, than it can be drained.

Sorry about your hen. If it's crop (near base of neck), when passing through the mouth, food does not go straight to the stomach, but is stored in a compartment called the crop. When you touch it, does it feel like sifting sand. or a bean bag? If it does, it could be crop. thus, the chicken has been stuffing herself. The crop would look large when eating and shrink when hungry. One way to tell for sure is to remove food at bedtime. and see if it is gone in the ;morning. if it is, then it was the crop. It could also be infection or an abscess. You may want to check with your vet. She may be walking and eating well but if it's a tumor, it is fatal usually. If it is a cist, than it can be drained.
You may also check out the emergencies section at www.backyardchickens.com/f/.o/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures.

She hasn't bin wormed since she was young..what should I do I'm really freaking out cause to be honest I didn't even really think she would make it last night @Fancychooklady

chicken1814, it has been a few days so I am stopping by to see how your lady was doing ..
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom