Help! My chicken won’t eat or drink

Bantumhatching

Chirping
Jun 20, 2021
As of this morning, when I went out to take them outside, one of my seven chicks appeared very weak, standing in one spot with her head tucked in. She also told occasionally closes her eyes.I tried feeding her her favorite foods but she still refuses to eat. What should I do?

How old is the chick? Is it the same size as the others? What does the poop look like if different from the others?

First try dipping its beak in warm sugar water, about a teaspoon in a cup of water.

How old is the chick? Is it the same size as the others? What does the poop look like if different from the others?

First try dipping its beak in warm sugar water, about a teaspoon in a cup of water.
It is 7 weeks old and yes is the same size as the others. Not sure about the poop.

Have the chicks been out on the soil? If the poop is runny, it could be coccidiosis. You would be wise to treat all of the chicks to a round or two of Corid. If you don't live in the US, you would need to find a coccidiostat usually sold by a vet.

Back
Top Bottom