help, my chicken wont walk or stand

lweyatt78

Chirping
Apr 26, 2020
yesterday i went to go feed my chickens and one of them seemed to have a drooping tail and wings and not as much energy as they usually had. the other chickens were stepping on her and she didnt get up. I seperated her and she still cant stand. she still eats and drinks and acts okay. she seemed fine a few days ago. what could be wrong?

yesterday i went to go feed my chickens and one of them seemed to have a drooping tail and wings and not as much energy as they usually had. the other chickens were stepping on her and she didnt get up. I seperated her and she still cant stand. she still eats and drinks and acts okay. she seemed fine a few days ago. what could be wrong?
Sounds like Bumblefoot, my duck was behaving the same before I researched it to find out he had Bumblefoot

Check her feet for bumble foot and her body for any visible issues. Be thorough and keep a good eye on her.
Sadly she didn't recover.. she passed away.. I dont think it bumblefoot but something else, because now another chicken is acting the same way but they can still stand, but dont move as much. Their wings look limp and they aren't moving around as much as usual.. I seperated them from the rest of the flock.

actually i looked again and her eyes looked normal. the feathers around her head look kinda weird and shes walking around a bit but not much. I showed my dad and he said that she might be trying to lay an egg. im not sure if its that or marek's. I got them from tractor supply, i thought they vaccinated them at the hatchery they came from..

Attachments

• 20200713_172338.jpg
    20200713_172338.jpg
    427.3 KB · Views: 20

Back
Top Bottom