help, my chicken wont walk or stand

now another chicken is acting the same way but they can still stand, but dont move as much. Their wings look limp and they aren't moving around as much as usual.. I seperated them from the rest of the flock.
actually i looked again and her eyes looked normal. the feathers around her head look kinda weird and shes walking around a bit but not much. I showed my dad and he said that she might be trying to lay an egg. im not sure if its that or marek's. I got them from tractor supply, i thought they vaccinated them at the hatchery they came from..
Can you get some more photos of the pullet and a few of her poop too?
How old is she?
What do you feed?
You mention the feathers around her head look weird - can you tell us more about that? Have you checked her for bugs crawling on her?

Can you get some more photos of the pullet and a few of her poop too?
How old is she?
What do you feed?
You mention the feathers around her head look weird - can you tell us more about that? Have you checked her for bugs crawling on her?
I feed them 16% laying feed. She is about 4 months old. I haven't seen any bugs on her. Her feathers look kinda ruffled for some reason. Her eyes look normal. Her poop was kinda runny and liquidy..

I think I would feed them an all flock/flock raiser feed or chick starter until they come into lay.
ah okay. luckily im running out of the laying feed so ill switch to raiser feed.
i checked on her this morning and she still seems okay, but shes kinda slow and reluctant to eat. her wings are still drooping and shes acting like she did yesterday. now she's acting lethargic and has a pale comb..

Last edited:
ah okay. luckily im running out of the laying feed so ill switch to raiser feed.
i checked on her this morning and she still seems okay, but shes kinda slow and reluctant to eat. her wings are still drooping and shes acting like she did yesterday. now she's acting lethargic and has a pale comb..
Can you get some photos of her poop?
Any chance she ate some moldy feed?

Have you ever treated for Coccidiosis?

sorry about your hen
is she panting? can you check if she is egg bound?

also if you can answer Wyorp Rock they are an awesome expert but need answers to help you :)

Can you get some photos of her poop?
Any chance she ate some moldy feed?

Have you ever treated for Coccidiosis?
Her feed is fresh, no mold. Ill try to get some photos, but i haven't seen her poo. Coccidiosis could be the cause. I've never had chickens before and this is my first time so im unsure..
edit: i checked on her again and saw a small red spot in the dirt and a normal dry looking poo beside her. I apologize for no photos, my phones camera quality isnt the best and most pictures look pixelated or blurry. im trying to give you awnsers as best as i can.

Last edited:
sorry about your hen
is she panting? can you check if she is egg bound?

also if you can answer Wyorp Rock they are an awesome expert but need answers to help you :)
Shes not old enough to lay eggs yet and no she isnt panting, she just kinda stands there with her feathers ruffled..

Back
Top Bottom