Help! My chickens are bullying another to death!!

Not true, I keep silkies with other breeds.
Well, no one dares to peck my Wyandotte's, so they are definitely at the top of the pecking order. Silkies on the other hand can get bullied for various reasons. For example, some chickens like to peck at beards in bearded silkies, or crests in polish and houdans. So it does depend on breed slightly.

Well, no one dares to peck my Wyandotte's, so they are definitely at the top of the pecking order. Silkies on the other hand can get bullied for various reasons. For example, some chickens like to peck at beards in bearded silkies, or crests in polish and houdans. So it does depend on breed slightly.
EEs as well can be a target due to their beard.

Only bird I had a beard plucked out was a Porcelain D'uccle/Silkie mix, & my Japanese Bantam mix was the culprit.

None of mine get bullied. I have Silkies in two different flocks.

My run is 8ft by 16ft so we have 18ft per bird
Do they have a coop they sleep in at night?
Dimensions and pic of that?

Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1627602973692.png

Do they have a coop they sleep in at night?
Dimensions and pic of that?

Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
View attachment 2778271
Yes they do. It is the OverEz large coop. I believe it is 4ft by 6ft we are in the USA and it is the middle of summer.

Back
Top Bottom