Help! My chickens are bullying another to death!!

I was talking about them being picked on all the time isn't true.
I never said that either, its not that they definitely get bullied, its just that they are more prone to being lower on the pecking order then a Wyandotte for example.
My EEs haven't gotten bullied, they're quite bossy actually.
I have had 2 get plucked out of 9. It can happen...

I never said that either, its not that they definitely get bullied, its just that they are more prone to being lower on the pecking order then a Wyandotte for example.

I have had 2 get plucked out of 9. It can happen...
Everybody's birds are different.

Everybody's birds are different.
Yeah, but in general. Just like how not all roosters are mean, but in GENERAL, roosters are meaner then hens (to humans I mean). There are nice roosters, but looking at the larger picture, roosters still tend to chase humans, peck humans, and flog humans more often than a hen.

Yeah, but in general. Just like how not all roosters are mean, but in GENERAL, roosters are meaner then hens (to humans I mean). There are nice roosters, but looking at the larger picture, roosters still tend to chase humans, peck humans, and flog humans more often than a hen.
Only 3 of mine are butt heads, the rest of my roosters are big babies, except for a few that don't enjoy being picked up.

Hi its me again.
As I said a couple months ago, my hen, Penny is getting pick on way to much. its becoming a big problem and I'm afraid their going to kill her.
Two of my chickens "mount" on her basically every day. She gets pushed out of the way for food, water, and any snacks I might bring to them.
Also, one of my chickens, Lavender is also plucking out her feathers. She already has a feather growing disorder so as you can imagine its espicially bad that It's her there pecking on. We have the Pinless Peepers but I dont like the idea of it going in their nostrils. Is there anything else I can do to help her?

I am a novice chicken keeper.

One method ive used and am using right now.

I bought a large wire dog crate. 6 or 8 sq feet.

My bullied cockeral is living it in within the larger coop

Yes I have tried doing that for the hen that is bullying all the others. It did work but I feel bad putting Penny in there since she didn't do anything. I managed to get the peepers on Cinnamon so we are going to see how that works out. That you all so much for all of your responses.

Hi its me again.
As I said a couple months ago, my hen, Penny is getting pick on way to much. its becoming a big problem and I'm afraid their going to kill her.
Two of my chickens "mount" on her basically every day. She gets pushed out of the way for food, water, and any snacks I might bring to them.
Also, one of my chickens, Lavender is also plucking out her feathers. She already has a feather growing disorder so as you can imagine its espicially bad that It's her there pecking on. We have the Pinless Peepers but I dont like the idea of it going in their nostrils. Is there anything else I can do to help her?
do they have enough room to explore and not get bored? if not you need to make their space special - maybe plant something in the area? i dunno but bully chickens are bored generally.

I feel bad putting Penny in there since she didn't do anything.

No, she didn't do anything wrong. But I would feel bad about letting other chickens pick on her, too.

If putting her in a dog crate is the way to keep her safe, so she can eat and drink and grow feathers in peace, then it might be the best thing for her, at least while you figure out what else you can improve.

You could give her some kind of special treat in there-- maybe some of her usual chicken food, but with water added to make a mush. (Chickens seem to really like that, and it's got all the nutrition she needs to stay healthy and hopefully regrow her feathers.)

Back
Top Bottom