1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

help!!!!!!!!!!!! my chickens are not laying!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by battle drone, May 20, 2012.

1. battle drone

battle drone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2012
    your chicken coop.
    my mom said she will get rid of our chicken if they do not start laying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : ( please tell me what is happening, and how I could make them start laying, and quickly, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. rosewolf22002

rosewolf22002 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sweety , a few questions: How old are they? How is your temps in the coop? and Have they had any major changes lately?

3. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Mine are not laying much because I walk them from the coop to the far back yard for the day. Even though I put in a shelter and nest box they rarely lay. I even found an egg in the grass. Have you made a change like this? Our temps are hitting the 90's now too,and I find them laying in the woods spread out to cool off.

4. Chemguy

Chemguy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    Springfield, Ohio
    Could you please tell us a little more about your birds? For example, how old are they, how many do you have, do they stay in a coop?

5. JesseS

JesseS Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2012
    Home
    Could you please post a little more information like how old they are, if they had any accidents, what breed are they

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Quote: Though more information would be helpful, you cannot make a chicken lay. They are not machines. They are living creatures.

7. battle drone

Apr 30, 2012
    your chicken coop.
    they are 2 years old, and younger. and there legs are yellow.

8. rosewolf22002

rosewolf22002 Chillin' With My Peeps

Honey, Their legs being yellow does not help. I see they are 2 years. What about the other questions asked? Here are a few more... Are they looking a little ratty? Meaning are they loosing feathers? They might be molting. Have you added anyone new lately? We really want to help you Dear. We need more information.

9. battle drone

Apr 30, 2012
    your chicken coop.
    1 or 2 are molting. and yellow legs mean they should be laying I think. that's what I was told anyway.

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  10. battle drone

Apr 30, 2012
    your chicken coop.
    we are raising chicks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by