HELP! My dog chases my chickens.

I know it sounds brutal and inhumane but get a shock collar, crank it on high and knock Hazel on her butt everytime she chases a bird but allow her to be around them under your supervision like when you're gathering eggs, releasing and penning them up, etc. It doesn't take long for a smart dog to learn the rules if you are firm. You need to get her trained before she kills a bird, then it's too late and you'll never be able to trust her around birds again.

Thank you so much this really helps me with my problem.
Thankyou kindly for your advice! I have been trying to train him with them when I am with him. I was not sure if he is old enough to put on a leash as he has a new collar but keeps coming off him. He so far is doing well with the chooks and giving him treats when he does the right thing.

:)
I know it sounds brutal and inhumane but get a shock collar, crank it on high and knock Hazel on her butt everytime she chases a bird but allow her to be around them under your supervision like when you're gathering eggs, releasing and penning them up, etc. It doesn't take long for a smart dog to learn the rules if you are firm. You need to get her trained before she kills a bird, then it's too late and you'll never be able to trust her around birds again.
Thankyou for your kind advice. My dog is a new puppy so I know it will take some time for him to learn. So far he is not hurting our chooks but just want to teach him correctly. Do you know at what age they can go on a leash by any chance. He is about 9 weeks old now? Thankyou

Back
Top Bottom