Help my duck got bitten by a snapping turtle!

lada12

In the Brooder
May 20, 2019
My Peking duck got one of its toes bitten by a 40 pound snapping turtle Yesterday. We ran out to TSC and we got disinfectant, tape, and a wound sealer. We have been cleaning the wound sealing it and then bandaging it up. The duck is also in its own dry dog cage away from the other ducks. But, the wound is still bleeding and the leg has gotten quite swollen. Someone please help.
Thank you so much

The bite was yesterday mid day it does not show any signs of infection. But we think the bone is broken, and the duck hasn’t been walking on it. The duck has been drinking and eating well.

Pictures!!!
How bad is the bleeding? If it is just staining the bandage it is ok, but a heavy bleeding should be stopped asap, think styptic stick or alumn.
Most important: Keep the wound sterile and give an antibiotics like FishMox (Amoxicillin) to the duck. See video:
As usual a vet is the best option.

We have been kepting the wound wrapped and away from dirt and other things in order to keep it clean. It also hasn’t been bleeding through the bandage but just a little bit and it started to scab up a little bit. But thank you

Well, it sounds like you're doing great so far! Try to keep the duck resting, get some rescue/health supplements into the little quacker and I'm sure there are people on here who can walk you through splinting/wrapping!

Hang in there! :hugs

Back
Top Bottom