help duck got bit by dog

jaymeli

Hatching
Oct 28, 2023
hi this is gonna be quick because i don’t know what to do
my duck got bit by my cousins dog and she has an open wound and i have no clue what to do. i’ve stopped the bleeding but i don’t know what now
sorry the photos aren’t good but the wound doesn’t look too deep im just really scared because she’s turning 7 years old.
also, he got some of her leg, but it’s a little scratch so that’s not my biggest concern.
PLEASE HELP

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    420.2 KB · Views: 9
Welcome to BYC. What do you have for first aid? Can you get chlorhexidene (Hibiclens) and rinse with water, or Betadine 10% (Walmart first aid wounds solution) to clean the dirty wound? You can use that, and then cover with Triple Antibiotic Ointment/Neosporin twice a day. Saline (2 tsp of salt to 1 quart of water) boiled to sterilize, and store in a clean jar is also good for long term cleaning. Make sure that the duck can reach food and water, or you will need to feed her. Is she able to stand and walk, or is she in shock? I will also tag @Miss Lydia in cause she has more advice.

Welcome to BYC. What do you have for first aid? Can you get chlorhexidene (Hibiclens) and rinse with water, or Betadine 10% (Walmart first aid wounds solution) to clean the dirty wound? You can use that, and then cover with Triple Antibiotic Ointment/Neosporin twice a day. Saline (2 tsp of salt to 1 quart of water) boiled to sterilize, and store in a clean jar is also good for long term cleaning. Make sure that the duck can reach food and water, or you will need to feed her. Is she able to stand and walk, or is she in shock? I will also tag @Miss Lydia in cause she has more advice.
thank you for your advice, i’ll get that asap. she’s able to stand now, she was in shock for about an hour and just kind of laid there.

Back
Top Bottom