HELP! My duck has BRIGHT green watery diarrhea!!!!

krisandduck

In the Brooder
Apr 8, 2016

Hi everyone !
I am new to here and need some duck help sad.png I have a 3 year old mixed breed ( ? Mallard mix) and she has been having this bright green very watery poop!
Last week I had her to the vet for calcium shots as she had been laying eggs and was starting to feel the effects of losing calcium in the process. she seemed to come around and then she started having this poop and gradually losing her appetite to the point where she has barely ate anything but is drinking! Can someone give me any ideas as to what can be wrong and what I can do !

I can't tell you what's wrong with her but I will try and give you some ideas on how to deal with it. First the not eating, mix her food with water to the point that it's pretty much soup and see if she'll eat it then. You can also mix egg yolk in her water to give her some protein and you can also mix in sugar for an energy boost. For the calcium problem give her oyster shell with her food, you can buy this at farming stores, I use it for both my ducks and chickens and I've never had a calcium problem. If you think she needs it badly then you may want to mix it in with her food but most people put it in a separate bowl and let them eat it as they need. You can also put greens in her water that are cut small and see if she wants that.

Thank you soo very much I will def try all these things for sure! I got her a higher protein food and the oyster shell! I'll do everything you said I really hope it works! I feel horrendous
1f614.png
1f614.png

@krisandduck - how is she now? Might you contact the vet's office?

@casportpony @Kevin565

It does seem like something is amiss. Thank you for posting the photo. That should help. Some members can get ideas from the appearance of the stool.

Ohhh my please help she seems to be getting worse and having hrs time getting ahold of the vet! Her wings a drooping and she is legthargic and eyes look sleepy. She is drinking very little and not eating! I am giving her sugar water and Gatorade mix as the farm co op is closed today. No food at all! Here is a picture of her poop

Some people think a blockage.... What do you guys think? Some say try a Epsom salt flush? But I know she is probably already dehydrated but if that would help the underlying cause

Back
Top Bottom