Help! My Duck Ran Away, will she come back?

I want welshs!!!! They are very pretty! But I think any kind you choose will be great for the Pekin. Plus it sounds like that the Pekin might end up being yours in the long run if the owners aren't taking care of it at all.

Thank you everyone. I ordered two ducklings, a boy and a girl, they are domesticated gray mallards. They should be here next friday. Not quite sure how that differs from your average mallard, i looked around online and everything I read just came up as wild mallards. Either way, they will have a great loving home. Hopefully they grow quick so I can introduce the pekin to them. Then again , it seems like my waddles grew over night! The place I ordered them from said they may have to include male chicks to keep the ducklings warm on their trip though! I have no idea what I'm going to do with a rooster! My father will kick my behiend if he hears that thing cockadoodle dooing at 5am haha! I may find a local farmer and see if they would like the male chicks if they ship them with my duckies.

Still no sign of waddles though. I went down to the large lake a couple miles down the road to look, but nothing, there was this friendly little female mallard that came by me...I got excited for a moment till I noticed it wasnt her, got a bit teary eyed. But I was surprised because this duck was much smaller than mine, and had such a loud quack! And mrs.waddles hadnt given me one quack, just more of a "humpf" sound!

Do you think Waddles will stop back home for an occasional visit? Ive read that mallards sometimes do that. It would be nice if she stopped by to say hello. :-/

270827_10150298440101803_636286802_9199207_8284828_n.jpg

Ella, (white duck) and Mrs.Waddles, bff's
hmm.png

247159_10150270354871803_636286802_9015581_3743516_n.jpg

She loved the camera
smile.png
Always posing pretty.

Quote:
Yep, I have to clip my Muscovy ducks wing, just one though, they love to fly and I wish I could let them but too many predators and too much woods so they get a wing clip and stay home. Congrats on your new babies before you get them, and Mrs. Waddles is beautiful. I bet Ella will love your new ones too.

Thank you M.Lydia, I just wish waddles would come home already!
hit.gif

My fiances father has muscovys, they're hugee! and somehow they manage to fly a bit, not too high, just grazing over the grass haha.
Any tips on how to clip the wings? I've never done it,
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom