Help!! My ducks dieing!! :( Update... It's dead or very close to it

Update! The yolk doesn't seem to be absorbing at all. But the duckling seems to be doing better, cause before you could barely see it breathing, and now its breathing normally. So, I hope it's getting better...
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Update.... Its either dead or very close to being dead. I cant tell. It takes a few breathes and then you cant see it breathing at all, and that happens over and over again. But this time, Its stop breathing a whole lot longer than before.
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

I hatched out 14 in December and I had to help 5 out, all 5 were the same color which was odd, I am guessing that it was a breed deal. However I had one that was particulary difficult because the duckling was upside down in the egg. He pipped at the wrong end. I managed to get him out and babied him but he didn't make it, it had trrouble with yolk absorbtion and sometimes that will happen if the "belly button" so to speak, dries out before they can absorb the yolk. My poor little guy finished absorbing the yolk itself but the "belly button" which is actually the vent I suppose didnt turn right side in so I lost the little guy after two days of fighting for him. I am sorry to hear about your loss but know you aren't the only one who has had a problem like this, it wasn't your fault, sometimes they just don't make it. But remember you have all those other little beauties to take care of and clean up after. I have had a lot of experience with helping chickens and ducks out, sometimes they make it and sometimes it ends up being a lost cause but you know you did all you could for them and that can be comforting. Don't get down,
hugs.gif
you did great. Good luck with your other babies! Have fun raising them.
thumbsup.gif

The duckling is gone...
hit.gif
hit.gif
This was my first egg from my first ducks
hit.gif
I really bad wanted this one because I wanted to raise it without any others so it would be really friendly... Well, I guess I have to wait some more for the next batch
hmm.png

That is so sad - you tried everything possible to help the duckling along - wishing you better fortune next time!

Suzie
hugs.gif
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom