HELP MY DUCKS ESCAPED

May 6, 2022
So yesterday at 1:00pm I decided to take my ducks to our neighborhood lake for some good exercise. They have been there before and the other ducks that would try to attack them I would scare off from shore. They would always jump put the water. But, due to the fact of hot temperatures the lake water level is low. So I thought it would he a problem for my ducks to get out.NOPE! With 3 flaps they were out of the water. So then I took them home only to return at 6:00pm. So after they swam for an hour and then I realized we should go home. But, they didn't want to come out of the water, they still wanted to swim and start fights with the native ducks. So all night I have tried every 2 hours or so to get them out via calling them, using a net, I put a wooden board off the shore which they can walk up to get on land, giving them food and I even jumped in once (which was illegal). I don't know what to do they still seem happy and fine floating. But, I am scared they will drown.Please help!

Update just about at 3 PM today I got both of my ducks back. I went out there and grabbed one of them when they weren't expecting and the other jumped out and followed. I put them in my car and I drove home with them. Now they're back at my house they've preened for about a few hours now because they were in the water for at least 15 hours. I am so I'm so glad they're back.😌

Update just about at 3 PM today I got both of my ducks back. I went out there and grabbed one of them when they weren't expecting and the other jumped out and followed. I put them in my car and I drove home with them. Now they're back at my house they've preened for about a few hours now because they were in the water for at least 15 hours. I am so I'm so glad they're back.😌
THank goodness you got them back.

I think no more outings to the lake.

yours are pets and should remain on your property

Yes I agree with all these replies and I thank you all for yalls concerns. I will not take them back to the lake again and the only swim time they will get is in their kiddy pool.😄
Here they are now happy and safe at home

Attachments

• 20220623_130353.jpg
    20220623_130353.jpg
    636.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220623_130635.jpg
    20220623_130635.jpg
    556.7 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom