Help my Frizzle has watery and runny eyes!!!

Kristin4851

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 2, 2013
Grannis Arkansas
The day before yesterday I noticed that my frizzle chicken was having a runny nose and wattery eyes. So I asked one of my friends and he said that he had a cold/roup and that i need to get a medicince called VetRX. So yesterday I did and i have been putting a teaspoon of it in his water. He is eating and drinking good but like he is still having a runny nose but the watery eyes are gone. It has been really cold here and so i have been keeping him inside since yesterday to keep him warm while im treating him. Any suggestions?

Thought I'd give you a reply here..sounds like you're doing fine.
thumbsup.gif
As long as he's eating and drinking, and his dropping look normal, then you're good.

Thanks for replying!! One thing that is concerning to me is that he is having this thick mucus coming from his nose and i noticed there was some blood in it so that is worrying me. But as long as he is eating and drinking i won't get to concerned!

Mucus? Does he smell really bad? Look up "Coryza" And see if he kinda is acting like that. VetRz fixes that too, but it's really contagious. Just make sure his weight is maintained and everything in the mean time.

Ok well no i cant smell anything so he doesn't stink. But he having a runny nose and like the front part of his comb is wet. His face is not swollen either.

He is has got way worse!! like now he is hardly eating or drinking and the mucus running from his nose has gotten worse and his eyes are running again!!! I dont know what to do!! I need answers quick please!!!1

Post a picture? Read on the back of your VetRx and see if you can give him a concentrated dose. I think you can, but check to make sure. Does he sound like he has a respiratory infection? And did you keep him away from your other birds after buying him?

Back
Top Bottom