Help! My girl is twiching

I agree not broody from the video. However, my ducks do this in hot weather when they are trying to cool themselves down. I turn the fan on, they all waddle on over, lay down and stop.
It gets up to 40oC here. They have a giant pool and sprinkler. She wasn't getting in the pool which is why I'm worried. She loves the pool

It gets up to 40oC here. They have a giant pool and sprinkler. She wasn't getting in the pool which is why I'm worried. She loves the pool
She may be doing it for another reason, I was just stating when I see it with my ducks. My train of thought was that if she is in pain that may be why she is not wanting to get into the pool and why she is moving her wings to cool off. Have you checked her feet for bumble foot? Or for any injuries?

My Ancona hens do that all the time -- and in cooler weather as well so I don't think its fanning. All are otherwise perfectly healthy, but all have since gone broody during the NW heatwave. I have never seen the drake get twitchy.

My Mallard Rouen Duck is doing the same exact thing all of the time. It also started after I rehomed half of my flock but also after I cared for him while having covid. I don't know if it is possible to give a duck covid or not. I did not have anyone else to care for them and was barely able to myself but did. The rest of the flock is alright. It is not hot here, only in the 70's F as we are in Ohio. Does anyone have any ideas? He is a 6 month old Drake.

Back
Top Bottom